Candle Starts Fire in PV Home

Personnel from the Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority were called to a home in Prescott Valley Tuesday where a fire broke out in a bathroom. The blaze was contained to that room, and firefighters determined the cause of the fire was a fallen candle. No one was injured in this incident.

CAFMA officials urge everyone to keep candles a foot away from any flammable materials and to never leave a lit candle unattended. They also recommend using flameless candles.